So we’re getting down to the wire with Christmas baking! I was planning on taking off this whole week but unfortunately… had to do a couple home visits yesterday (and got to spend most of my day watching Anna!!) and decided to go in tomorrow to catch up on some paperwork. BUT – still, get to take a bunch of time off and do a LOT of holiday baking!! This will be Tasty Tuesday on steroids. Some of my favorite goodies!!
makes 60 buckeyes:)
- 3 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 c. salted butter, softened
- 2 t. + vanilla
- 6 c. unsifted confectioners’ sugar
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (a bag and a half)
- 4 T. shortening
1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, vanilla and confectioners’ sugar (with hands if necessary) to form a smooth, stiff bowl. Shape into balls using dough for each ball. Place on prepared pan and refrigerate. This is an important step!!!
4. Remove balls from refrigerator. Insert a toothpick into a ball and dip into the melted chocolate, leaving a little circle on the top exposed:) Return to wax paper, chocolate side down and remove toothpick. Repeat with remaining buckeyes. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set and store in the fridge!
(the name says it all)
- 3 cups (18 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk (you can even do fat free!)
- Dash salt (always, man)
- 1/2 to 1 cups chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. LINE 8- or 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Chop your nuts finely.
- MICROWAVE METHOD – COMBINE chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt in 1-quart glass measure. Cook on HIGH (100% power) 3 minutes or until chips are melted, stirring after 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Proceed as above.
- CREAMY DARK CHOCOLATE FUDGE: MELT 2 cups miniature marshmallows with chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Proceed as above.
- MILK CHOCOLATE FUDGE: OMIT 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Add 1 cup milk chocolate chips. Proceed as above.
- CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP GLAZED FUDGE: FOLLOW above recipe using 3/4 cup peanut butter chips instead of nuts. For glaze, melt 1/2 cup peanut butter chips with 1/2 cup heavy cream. Stir until thick and smooth. Spread over chilled fudge.
And here are my buckeyes kickin it with some fudge with nuts. That’s a lot of goodness.