I previously posted this recipe on The Oaks Kitchen but it is TOO GOOD to not post here. So if you already read it, it won’t hurt my feelings to skip over this post. But if not – please read and make this sometime. People will freak!
Cookie Dough Cupcakes
- 1 box cake mix (i used yellow, but you could use devil’s food, etc)
- 1/3 c. melted butter
- 1 1/3 c. water
- 3 eggs
- 1 pre packaged pack of cookie dough (FROZEN! You could also use home-made depending on how domestic you’re feeling and how much time you have)
- Frosting and decorations of your choice
- Put cookie dough in the freezer for a few hours so that it is completely frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix in butter and water with cake mix. Then beat in eggs. (Technically you could probably mix them all together, but i have nightmares of melting butter and because it’s so hot, cooking some of the egg and then everything would be for naught)
- Take the cookies out of the freezer and cut them into 24 little frozen dough balls. Put cupcake liners in your pan and then put about 1/4 c. of batter in each one. Place a ball of dough on top (no need to smush down)
- Bake about 15-20 minutes… you want to be VERY CAREFUL not to over bake or the dough in the middle will bake (this is also why it is imperative your dough is super frozen!!!). Be a little conservative and pull out the cupcakes early… however, you do want the cupcakes to be done – – you can do the toothpick test in the cupcakes, but make sure not to go through the cookie dough
- Cool. Decorate. Eat. Share. Love.
Here’s a tip to decorate that I found on Pioneer Woman’s blog. Pour nonpareils into a bowl and then pick up frosted cupcake and put it in the sprinkles to let it fully cover. Just an idea:)