Recipe is Grandma Johnson’s Scones from allrecipes.com. My friend Allie made them a while back and they were delicious! So I made some for Curry’s baby shower last saturday.
1 c. sour cream (I used fat free!!)
1 t. baking soda
4 c. flour
1 c. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. cream of tartar
1 t. salt
1 c. salted butter (2 sticks)
1 c. white chocolate chips
1 c. craisins
1. In a small bowl, mix together sour cream and baking soda. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet
3. In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt.
4. Cut in the butter.
5. Stir sour cream mixture and egg into flour mixture until just moistened. It will be REALLY crumbly and dry – don’t freak out like I did. I put on my apron mid flour pour and was nervous I put too much in:)
6. Mix in the craisins and white chocolate chips.
7. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly. This is what will make it come together more like dough. Roll or pat into a 3/4 inch round. You can do one big one for 12 giant scones or multiple little ones for mini scones like I made. Sprinkle sugar or demura sugar on top before baking if you’d like:)
8. Place on a baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes for large scones, 7-8 minutes for mini ones until golden brown on the bottom.
9. Let cool for a few minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to cooling rack.