My husband and I try to have regular date nights. It is such a fun time for us to connect and hang out. We often hang on a Friday and usually we go out to dinner and then come home and watch a movie or a show on netflix. (Neflix is included in our date night budget. Clutch.) Confession – based upon our exhaustion level we just sometimes order pizza or Chinese, watch movies all night and go to bed early.
About a month ago we got a post card in the mailer for free orchestra tickets at the Shuster Center in Dayton. Cool! We decided to go one Friday and planned on a fancy, fun date night:) Bryan got a restaurant recommendation for Thai food (and sushi! Love it!!!) and we got all dressed up!
We had a really good date and it was fun to do something else rather than our usual! So that got me thinking…what are some other fun dates we could go on? Here are some things I’ve got mulling around so far. These may not all be “friday night” activities, but regardless – could be fun!
- Go to a shooting range.
- Go to a rock wall and go climbing.
- See a movie at The Neon (more independent films, cool atmosphere)
- Go cave exploring
- Go to Vinkolet Vineyard in Colerain
- Listen to jazz at the Blue Whisp
- Go to a (cheaper!) concert… maybe Civil Wars in March?
- Walk around the Oregon district in Dayton
- Go to a comedy club
- Spend some time hanging out in Oxford – hit up Houston Woods, enjoy a meal, grab a latte:)
What are some of your favorite dates? Suggestions for us? What are some fun things to do?