My neighbor requested lemon raspberry cupcakes for a recent birthday. Super classy flavor combination eh? So was this the super kind wife, teacher and mama of Grace and one more on the way?
No. This is from her super sarcastic, fireman husband. What?!? Exactly. Hilarious.
I saw this recipe on a really neat blog. It is called Frosting for The Cause. There is a different post by different bloggers every day- each sharing a recipe and a story about how cancer affected their lives. When I discovered this blog, I looked through many posts and cried way too much. So feel free to to check it out, but make sure you have tissues close by!
Anyway, this cupcake was BEAUTIFUL but I didn’t want to make the cake batter from scratch. I actually made up the better recipe based on all recipe’s Too Much Chocolate Cake and then used the technique and frosting from the blog!
Lemon Raspberry Filled Cupcakes
1 (18.25 oz) Lemon cake mix
1 (5.9 oz) pudding mix (vanilla or lemon)
1 c. Vegetable oil
1 c. Greek yogurt or sour cream
1/2 c. Warm water
Seedless raspberry jam
1 c. Unsalted butter
1/2 c. Seedless raspberry jam
3 to 4 c. Powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put liners in cupcake pan.
2. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, vegetable oil, Greek yogurt, eggs and water with a whisk. The mixture will be fairly thick.
3. Fill cupcake pans 1/4 of the way full. Then put in a scoop of the raspberry jam. Top with more cake batter, filling 3/4 of the way full.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
While baking, make the frosting.
1. Beat butter very well.
2. Beat in jam.
3. Sift powdered sugar and slowly add in until desired consistency.
4. Frost cupcakes and enjoy! The frosting is amazing!!
My fireman neighbor’s review?
“They are like unicorns jumping over rainbows.”