I apologize that I haven’t blogged much about how my 26 for 26 List is going. Hopefully in the near future I will get to update you on a few different goals!
Number 18 – Wear make-up most days.
I have been wearing make-up more!! Success!!! In the past couple months I am usually wearing it a few times a week… which is a HUGE improvement from my 25 year old self where I literally only wore it to weddings and fancy occasions. (What am I, 6?)
I actually wore makeup every day to my lactation training in Minnesota as kind of a trial-run-can-I-really-do-this type thing. I realized it helped IMMENSELY to have “go-to.” items.
So, going with my recent life theme of spring cleaning/ streamlining/ organizing/ simplifying, I did just that with my makeup bag.
Surprisingly, I have a lot of makeup…. Including stuff that is WAY too old, that I don’t wear and I don’t like. So I:
- Threw away old, outdated makeup
- Made four different piles: makeup I could wear every day, makeup I would wear sometimes, makeup I would rarely wear and makeup I would never wear.
- “Never” obviously went to other people/ the trash
- “Rarely” went to a basket upstairs underneath the sink
- “Sometimes” went in a bigger bag
- “Everyday” went in a small go-to bag
Here are my little make up bags:)
“Sometimes” big bag
“Everyday” small bag
Will it work? We shall see:)