I am SO sorry for the delay in this one! People were RAVING about this recipe and so many folks asked about it! BIG THANKS to Sheila Crosby for making and bringing it. And it’s pink – what’s not to love?
This recipe is based on Holiday Chicken Salad from all recipes. com. That recipe is so versatile! I am going to put the original and put in the changes that Sheila made in italics. Enjoy!
Holiday Chicken Salad
from all recipes.com
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped celery (Sheila omitted)
- 2 green onions, chopped (Sheila used 1/4 c. vidalia onion)
- 1/2 cup minced green bell pepper (Sheila omitted)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- (Sheila added 1 c. chopped grapes)
- Cook the chicken however you desire. You can bake it, grill it – whatever! Feel free to chop it into chunks or shred it with 2 forks, whatever suits your fancy. You can always do this a day or two before putting together the chicken salad.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients. Season to taste. Add more mayo or spices to get the consistency and flavor you want. Chill 2 hours or overnight. Serve with crackers, melba toasts or bread! Enjoy!