This is a meal I discovered just a few months after we were married. As a new bride, I was a TERRIBLE cook who had to research how to bake chicken. Learning how to cook was important to me so I worked really hard at it! I made a lot of things that were okay, a few things that were terrible and then… TA DA! My FIRST win!!
This is a recipe I’ve shared with many folks and one of my favorite things about it is that it’s SUPER easy and SUPER adaptable. Feel free to change this recipe to suit your tastes!
- 4 chicken breasts (can be frozen!)
- 1 can black beans, undrained
- 1 can ranch beans (or pinto beans), undrained
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can rotel, drained
- 1 can green chills OR 1/2 can of jalapeños if you can handle the heat!
- 8 oz salsa
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- other spices to taste – garlic, cumin, chili powder, paprika
Place everything in a crock pot! Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8-10.
When you get home, shred the chicken with 2 forks and serve!
Different options for serving:
1 – Ladle in bowl, sprinkle shredded cheese and eat with tortilla chips!
2 – Add on favorites like sour cream, slices of avocado or homemade guacamole
3 – Sautee some onions and green pepper. Place on bottom of 9×13 and pour the mixture on top. Smother with cheese and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
4 – Use slotted spoon to spoon some mixture in corn tortillas, pour enchilada sauce over top. bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes.
How do you enjoy your Fiesta Chicken?