I’m so sorry. I can’t stop making new chocolate chip cookies!! And I LOVE making cookie bars. It makes for such a thick, soft cookie. These are nice and gooey and PERFECTLY complemented with the sea salt on top. The bridesmaids got ready at my house before the big day on Saturday and I made these to go with our lunch! Although the bride isn’t a huge fan of salt in or on cookies, everyone else seemed to like them:)
Gooey Chocolate Chip Bars w/ Sea Salt
- 2 c. + 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 12 T. (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- Sea salt, for sprinkling over bars-optional
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix melted butter and sugars. Whisk together or beat on medium until combined. Add in egg, extra egg yolk and vanilla extract. Stir or beat until smooth.
3. Sift in flour, salt, and baking soda. Use a wooden spoon to stir together until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Bake cookie bars for 25-35 minutes or until the top of the bars are light golden brown and the edges start to pull away from the pan. Cool bars on a wire rack to room temperature. Cut bars into squares and serve.