Win. Win. Win. Win.
Here’s the thing. I love a simple, traditional drop cookie. There’s something comforting about the method, the texture and the goodness of chocolate chips. I really like finding quick, easy drop cookies that are a little bit different than the normal cookies we’re accustomed to.
These cookies fit that bill like none other.
Chocolate chip cookies (win)
WITH OATS! Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (even better)
(makes about 2 1/2 dozen – I like to double the recipe!!)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined.
6. Cool on the baking sheet (about 8 minutes) and then cool completely on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Make. Eat. Give. Smile. Show Monday who is boss.