Do I really need to sell you on these?!? If you’ve had a White Russian I’m guessing not. If your age or conscience doesn’t allow to have a White Russian… well then these aren’t the cupcakes for you:) Come back tomorrow and I’ll have some family friendly goodies!
Sometimes baking with alcohol can be difficult or produce dry baked goods, which I’ve found out the hard way… sad.
But! No worries these cookies are moist and delicious!! If they’re up your alley… Make some soon!!
- 1 package plain yellow cake mix
- 1 3.4 oz vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 c. vegetable or canola oil
- 3/4 c. whole milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 c. vodka
- 1/4 c. plus 2-6 T Kahlua
- 1 t. vanilla extract
(makes just enough for 2 dozen cupcakes)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 c. sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 t. salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 3-5 T. of Kahlua
1. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake cups with paper liners.
2. Prepare the cupcake batter. Place the cake mix, pudding mix, oil, milk, eggs, vodka, 1/4 c. Kahlua, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl and increase the mixer speed to medium, beating for 2 minutes more. Fill pans with about 1/3 c. batter for each cupcake, filling it 3/4 full.
3. Bake until cupcakes are lightly golden, nicely domed and spring back lightly when touched with your finger- about 17 to 20 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and place on wire racks to cool for 5 minutes.
6. While cupcakes are cooling, prepare frosting. Beat butter very well. Sift powdered sugar and add in. Beat very well. Add in salt. Add in Kalua, one tablespoon at a time until you get the consistency that you want.
When you’re ready to frost, grab your cupcakes
- Tasty Tuesday – 4th of July Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes! (jackielopina.wordpress.com)
- Shower Recipes – Strawberry Cupcakes w/ Strawberry Meringue Buttercream Frosting! (jackielopina.wordpress.com)
- 10 Ways to Decorate With Cupcakes (casasugar.com)