Yet another chocolate chip cookie… but THESE have Oreos in them! So now you may be saying… “Seriously? Another dessert with Oreos as an ingredient…and the 2nd cookie with Oreos you’ve posted! Do we really need TWO cookies with Oreos in them?”
In short- yes. The first cookies I posted – Triple Chocolate Oreo cookies – are basically like Oreos on steroids. It’s a chocolate batter with semisweet chips, white chocolate chips and crunched up Oreos.
THIS cookie is just what it sounds like – a chocolate chip cookie with the additional of Oreos in them.
They taste very different than the Triple Chocolate Oreo ones! It is amazing to me how a couple little ingredients can totally change something up. I love baking!These cookies are super quick and easy to whip up. Try some the next time these famous sandwich cookies find their way in your grocery cart:)
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1/4 c. + 2 T. sugar
- 1/4 c. + 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 ¼ c. flour
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 c. broken pieces of Oreo Cookies
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl beat together your butter, sugar and brown sugar until thoroughly combined. Add in egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a medium sized bowl, add in your flour, baking soda and salt. Sift or whisk to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into your butter/ sugar combo.
- Crush up your Oreos. Feel free to use your hands or to place them in a ziploc bag and use a meat tenderizer – however large or small you want them to be!
- Add in crushed Oreos and chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
- Scoop onto a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for a few days. Preferably with the Double Chocolate Chip Cookies I will be posting tomorrow:)