About a week and a half ago Bryan and I got to go to WICKED!!! It was my first time seeing it and it was SO fun!! However the ONLY thing anyone told me before it was “It’s great!” and “You’ll love it!”
I had no clue what to expect. Because of that, I thought it would be fun to write five silly little thoughts about the musical. Disclaimer – I have only seen this musical once and have never read the book, so I am by no means an expert. Don’t be offended:)
- Wicked was very funny and entertaining
- The vocals were out of this world. The lead (The Wicked Witch – Elphaba) was insane. I kept getting chills!
- The story is kind of the “real story” behind the Wicked Witch and Glinda the Good Witch. It covered a few things like how the Lion, Scarecrow and Tin Man came to be AND it even butted up to the Wizard of Oz. I really liked both of these things.
- The story definitely had some holes. There were a couple times where I thought “Wait, why do I care about that?”
- It was a little weird to see the lead be green the entire show. Just saying
All in all, they were right. It was a GREAT show and I really liked it!!! The music was great and the vocals were awesome. The story was neat, but left with a little confusion. I feel like its rare for a show to have amazing vocals and also be really funny too. Wicked was definitely a great show and I would recommend it!