If you’ve been to our house for dinner, you have most likely had this meal. This baked chicken is the yummy, easy meal I go to that is perfect for company. It is easy and goes PERFECTLY with mashed potatoes. We will sometimes have couples over for premarital counseling and it’s pretty standard that I make this our first meeting.
And this is one of the ONLY meals my husband will eat as leftovers. WINNER!
- 2-4 T. olive oil
- 1/2 t. minced garlic
- 1 c. Pepperidge Farm Stuffing (If you buy the cubed ones, make sure to crunch them into crumbs – you can also use Italian or regular dry bread crumbs… but the stuffing is even better!)
- 2/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 t. dried basil leaves
- 1/2 t. oregano
- 1/4 t. ground black pepper
- 1/4 t. salt
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a shallow dish or pie plate, blend olive oil and garlic. In a separate dish or pie plate, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, spices.
- Take the chicken breast – dip in oil/garlic mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture. Arrange in 9×13 pan. For fat (Tyson like) breasts, bake for about 50-60 minutes. For thinner chops, bake 30 minutes or so. Pull them out when chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, yummy bread and a steamed green vegetable.