Yesterday the weather was glorious
Beautiful weather makes my heart happy.
This weekend I dug my favorite flip flops out of the closet.
I got to do one of my favorite things -lolly gag around target:) All the new spring clothes made me so excited!
I also got to go see West Side Story and eat yummy fresh tacos at Nada and stay out (way too late!) to see our friends’ band play.
Did you get to do something fun and springy this weekend?
Such as make and eat a crazy easy lemon bundt cake?
Lemon cake just screams spring to me.
Okay, maybe whisper. We live in the Midwest so I’m not convinced we’re done with the cold weather yet.
But regardless, this cake is delicious. It’s a basic doctored cake mix and it’s light and fluffy. I ate mine with some blueberries on top and it was perfect:)
Lemon Bundt Cake
Slightly adapted from the side panel of the Duncan Hines box:)
- 4 eggs
- 1 pkg. (2 layer size) yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz.) pkg. instant lemon pudding
- 1 c. water
- 1/3 c. cooking oil
- Few tablespoons of sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grab a bundt pan. Spray with pam. Generous sprinkle sugar on bottom and sides of pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon colored.
- Add dry cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, and oil. Beat at low speed until combined then beat at medium speed for 2-4 minutes.
- Pour into pan. Sprinkle more sugar over top of the cake. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pool 25 minutes. Invert onto cake plate to cool completely.