I’m SO excited!
This meal was born by me wanting to use up meat in my deep freezer and throwing random things into my crockpot.
I was nervous it wouldn’t be good but OH I’m so thankful I was wrong!
My husband really liked it! He’s usually the gauge of how something actually is. I often think meals are GREAT and his usual answer is “it’s pretty good.”
But this one got a spontaneous “This is good!”
Shredded Beef Sandwiches
From my brain… adapted I’m sure from all sorts of recipes I’ve seen and heard of
makes 4 hoagie sandwiches
- 2-3 lb Chuck Roast
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 8-10 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 small can green chillis, undrained
- 1 can golden mushroom soup
- 1-2 t. Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 c. beef broth
- 1 stick butter
- 4 hoagie rolls
- Chop mushrooms, onion and green onions.
- Add roast to crockpot and sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder generously all over. Add more to taste.
- Throw in chopped mushrooms, onions, green onions and green chillis (undrained). Pour in your can of golden mushroom soup, worchestershire sauce and beef broth.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low 8-10 hours. When done, shred with a fork.
- Generously butter hoagie rolls. I used about 1 T. butter per side (2 T. total per roll.) I realize that sounds insane but that is what makes it SOOO good. Broil your rolls until they’re toasted and and brown. (DO NOT WALK AWAY WHILE BROILING… the second you walk away is when they’ll all of a sudden become burned to a crisp.)
- Spoon shredded beef on rolls and add a little sauce if desired.
Make a beef loving man you know very happy.