So this isn’t rocket science.
I’m almost embarrassed to share it.
BUT… if this meal isn’t in your repertoire – it should be!!! There are about 1,000 different combinations of Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches… I honestly throw things in the crockpot so my measurements are just estimations. Make it however the heck you want. Here’s just how I do it.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
- 4 chicken breasts (I just use Costco’s frozen bag)
- 3/4 c. Barbecue sauce, divided (feel free to use lots more or less depending on your tastes – – We LOVE Montgomery Inn’s)
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. pepper
- 2 t. minced garlic
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 4+ sandwich buns
- Place chicken, about 1/4 c. BBQ sauce and spices into crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- When it’s done, use 2 forks to shred up the chicken. Add in the rest of your BBQ sauce to taste.
- Serve on buns, alongside sweet potato fries or…. some delicious baked/ BBQ beans (come back tomorrow baby.)