I’m only 27 years old.
However I have been having “old moments” the past couple weeks. Yuck.
Case in point:
- I am currently dealing with a newly diagnosed “eye irritation.” My eye doctor says it can happen with my type of contacts when you wear them while sleeping (even though they’re designed to wear for 30 days straight). Now I have to take them out every night and wear my glasses every few days. (This is definitely a first world problem, but my old contact situation made me feel like I was a normal seeing eyed person… I’m bummed to be blind at night and wear glasses a few times a week instead of once a year)
- My feet have been hurting ALL DAY… and I’m realizing I can’t wear my cute completely flat flip flops every day anymore. I need to go out and buy some grandma sandals so my feet don’t hurt.
What’s the remedy? Obnoxiously bright and colorful funfetti sprinkle cookies!! These cookies walk the line of being cute, fun and colorful and being completely and utterly obnoxious. Which is kind of my personality M.O. so it works:)
These are cute sugar cookies with a extra fun crunch from the sprinkles. I find the adorable bright colors can bring a smile to anyone’s face. Make some today:)
Funfetti Sprinkle Cookies
slightly (and obnoxiously) adapted from Tasty Kitchen; Recipe originally adapted from Yammie’s Noshery’s Funfetti Whoopie Pies.
- 1 c. Butter, Room Temperature
- 1 ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 T. Vanilla Extract
- 1 whole Egg
- 2-½ c. Flour
- ¼ c. Cornstarch
- ¾ t. Baking Soda
- ½ t. Salt
- ½ – 3/4 c. Rainbow Nonpareil Sprinkles and/or Jimmie Sprinkles (I used a small 3.75 oz nonpareil sprinkle jar which equaled about 1/2 c.)
- 1/2 c. Sprinkles for rolling on the outside (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar in mixer for about 2-4 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla extract, egg and stir. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Sift in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt (or stir in a small bowl then slowly add in.)
- Beat on low speed or use a wooden spoon to mix until just combined.
- Pour in 1/2 c. – 3/4 c. sprinkles and barely stir. (If you over stir, the sprinkles will bleed.)
- If you want to be obnoxious like me, pour in another 1/2 c. sprinkles into a small bowl. Scoop a small cookie scoop and drop into sprinkle bowl. Roll around to get the cookies covered with fabulous sprinkles.
- Bake for about 8-11 minutes or until done. Bake only until they turn a slight light golden brown on the edges. Cool on a wire rack. Keep for 3-4 days.