Years ago my dear friend Emily found this great fruit crisp on a wonderful blog about biblical womanhood called GirlTalk. Henceforth, we’ve called it “The Girltalk Crisp.”
This is a super easy dessert that is made with frozen berries and a delicious crumb topping. You can make it with WHATEVER frozen fruit you want and it’s always delicious! It’s served warm with cold ice cream (not pictured). It’s a great summer dessert!
Mixed Berry Crisp
- 2 12-oz packets of frozen fruit (raspberries, blueberries, peaches, go nuts!)
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 c. flour
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 3/4 c. old fashioned oats
- 2/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t. ground ginger
- 1/4 t. groud nutmeg
- 1/4 t. salt
- 7 T. chilled salted butter, cut in 1 inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and set aside.
- Combine berries, 1/4 c. sugar, 1/2 c. flour and lemon juice in a large bowl and stir well. Pour into 9×9 or 8×8 inch pan.
- In another bowl, combine remaining 3/4 c. flour, oats, brown sugar, spices and salt. Add in cold cubed butter and rub in with your fingertips until mixed well in clumps.
- Sprinkle over berry mixture and bake until top is golden brown – about an hour. Let stand for 15 minutes and then serve warm or room temperature with ice cream.