So this Cupcake Week is happening out of necessity. In the course of 5 days I made 3 batches of cupcakes. (And then a few more.) They were all GREAT and I wanted to share them ASAP.
And finally the temperatures are under 100 degrees!!! So thankful. Luckily my husband hates the heat so our house is nice and chilly (well the downstairs… it’s an old house so our upstairs is often a sauna.) I know most people don’t use the oven as much in the summer, but I’m not most people. And especially when the end result is a cupcake, I will brave the hot oven.
SO… first cupcake up! White Chocolate Cupcake! I made this for a bridal shower to get a classy white on white feel. I used my favorite vanilla buttercream frosting.
White Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) plain white cake mix
- 1 c. milk (2% or whole is best)
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 t. vanilla
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Line 2 cupcake pans with 24 cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a medium sized glass bowl. Microwave on medium power for about 30-60 seconds. Stir until thoroughly melted. If necessary, microwave for 10-15 seconds more at a time. (If you microwave on too high of a heat, the white chocolate could seize up and not melt.) Set melted white chocolate aside to cool.
- Pour cake mix, milk, oil, egg and egg whites in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for about 30 seconds until incorporated. Add in vanilla and melted white chocolate. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Scoop 1/4 c. of batter into each liner. Place pans in oven. Bake until cupcakes are lightly golden and spring back when lightly touched, about 17-20 minutes.
- Let cool in pans for about 5 minutes. Use a plastic spoon or knife to put around the outside of the liners and bring out a cupcake to cool on wire rack.
- Ice with your favorite frosting. I like to use my go-to vanilla buttercream:)