When I look at my recipe tab, I realize there are like 5 times more baked goods than dinner/ real food recipes. To be honest… that may be pretty typical of my life. My poor husband – my dinners have been very underwhelming as of late.
BUT thanks to my new schedule this year, one thing I am planning on doing is making dinner more!! I’ll be getting off work earlier (and have an extra day off!) so that’s one of the top things I want to add in. I already planned my dinners for the next few weeks and am stoked! I’m also trying to find new recipes we love to add into my repertoire.
This weekend I started things off RIGHT with bacon wrapped scallops. Simple. Classic. Yummy.
Bacon Wrapped Scallops
from Hoping in God
- 8 sea scallops
- 8 pieces of bacon
- 2 T. butter
- lemon pepper
- garlic powder
- cilantro for garnish, optional
- Put 3-4 paper towels on a plate. Put strips of bacon on it, touching but not overlapping. Cover with 2 paper towels. Microwave on high for 3 minutes or so. You want it slightly cooked, but not crispy. Cut pieces of bacon in half.
- Rinse and pat dry scallops. Cut in half and set aside.
- Put oven on broil. Melt butter.
- Dip scallop in butter. Wrap bacon around scallops.
- Slide on skewer or put a toothpick through it to hold it together. Put skewers (or bacon wrapped scallops with toothpicks) on broiling pan.
- Sprinkle salt, lemon pepper and garlic powder of the bacon wrapped scallops.
- Broil on high for 8-12 minutes. Every few minutes, turn the scallops. They are done when the bacon is crispy and the scallops are firm and cooked through.
- Garnish cilantro if desired.
What are your favorite dinner recipes we should try?