Christmas is oh-so soon and… can you believe that I made my first Christmas cookie just last Thursday?!? CRAZY late for me… There’s a lot going on in the Lopina household if holiday baking doesn’t start until December 13th. Just saying.
Peanut Butter Blossoms are one of those holiday staples that I just have to eat 12 of every year. Usually I can count on eating them at my old boss’ house at our little work Christmas shin dig… but since I changed jobs this year I obviously didn’t go. Tear :( She was telling me when she was baking for the party and ever since then I started craving them! They were my first cookie to make this year! Super easy and a crowd pleaser. You’ve got to make them!
Peanut Butter Blossoms
slightly adapted from Hershey
- 48 -52 Hershey Kisses
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter
- 3/4 c. creamy peanut butter.
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1/3 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 T. milk
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- Additional granulated sugar for rolling the dough in
- Remove wrappers from chocolates and place on a plate in the freezer. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat butter. Add in peanut butter and beat until well blended. Add in sugars and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla and beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into peanut butter mixture until just mixed.
- shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Scoop about 3-4 Tablespoons of sugar into a small bowl. Use a cookie scoop, a teaspoon or your fingers to shape into small 1 inch balls. Roll the dough balls in the sugar then place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie. The cookie will crack around edges.
- Let cool briefly on cookie sheet (1-2 minutes or your kiss will begin to melt) then remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.