1. Lands End Moccasins – I LIVE in these in the winter. I’ve had my purple ones at least 3 or 4 years. A year or 2 ago I got a new pair with a different style (this is the closest one I could find – on LL Bean’s website.) I got a super cute pink color, but they got dirty quicker and I thought the moccasin style ended up being comfier if you wore them for a long time.
2. My reflections charm bracelet. My mom started one for me, my sister in law and herself a couple years ago. It’s been so fun to buy each other charms for Christmases and birthdays… and my bracelet is actually close to being full!! I’ve been digging my classic jewelry and wearing this and my silver necklace from my husband almost every day:)
3. These scones. Orange and dark chocolate. Flaky, buttery, chocolatey… delicious. They’ll warm you up from the inside out.
4. My amazing, super warm coat from LL Bean. They’re all out of them now and there’s a super similar one at Lands End (and it’s on sale! They don’t have my awesome pink color but it’s still good.) It was a Christmas present last year and I LOVE IT! My favorite features – it goes to mid thigh (which makes a HUGE difference in warmth) and it has fleece around the wrists so cold air never goes up the sleeves! Brilliant! Also it has a double zipper, so you can unzip the bottom a bit and still have the top zipper all the way up. Love it.
5. Aromatherapy Eucalyptus Spearmint Shower Gel from Bath and Body Works. I always put Bath and Body Works shower gel on my Christmas list. Apparently I hadn’t been in a store since 6th grade because last year I gave a list of scents that probably included County Apple, Freesia and Plumeria (just joking.) But seriously, I didn’t know any other than Warm Vanilla Sugar and Coconut Lime Verbena or whatever they call that now. So one afternoon I literally went on a scent sniffing adventure. I found some good ones I liked and added them to my list. But then… I smelled this Aromatherapy Eucalyptus Spearmint… oh, delicious! My sweet sister in law got it for me and I have LOVING IT every morning since! So relaxing!
6. Flats from Target. I actually bought these for our photoshoot. I was going to wear my leopard print flats that I LOVE when I realized that up close shoe pictures might not look as cute with beat up flats. Yikes. These flats are basic, but cute and versatile. I also like that I can wear smart wool socks under them and it doesn’t look totally ridiculous:) Sometimes the scrunch back is weird and I actually got 1/2 size up just so they wouldn’t pinch my toes.
7. This scarf. I got a new scarf for Christmas from my mama. Honestly, when I unwrapped it I wasn’t sure what I thought about it, but it grew on me quick and I can’t stop wearing it. It’s a bit bohemian chic and adds a splash of color to any outfit. Also, I love the accordion type texture. So fun!
8. Purging. A couple times a year I get this overwhelming urge to go through things in my house and purge! It’s a crazy burst of organization but I know it’s always short-lived so I try to use it up as best as I can. I think knowing that I’m going to be bringing lots of extra stuff in to get ready for our little one has made me want to simplify our clothes and other things in our house as much as I can. Also, it maddens me to think that I’m taking up space in my house with things that aren’t useful or beautiful. I realize I’m being a bit dramatic, but it’s true. We gave away about 10 bags. Bliss! (Not pictures – the 2 bags of trash… yes. Why was I storing that much trash in my house? Annoying.)
9. Registering. I haven’t registered in almost 6 years since we were engaged and… I TOTALLY forgot how fun it is!!! I took a pretty rapid fire approach to baby registering, although there were a few things I was a psycho researcher on. But honestly I’m at a point in my life where I know specific philosophies and I trust people so I’m going to ask people I know what they recommend and go with that. And Amazon – you are amazing. They have a “universal” registry so you can register stuff from any website AND it’s so nice that you can just “mark it bought” if it was bought from another registry.
10. Organizing the nursery! We had a baby shower last weekend and were so blessed by friends and family. Our nursery is slowly filling up with many things to get ready for our little one and I’ve been a busy little bee preparing the room. It’s so fun to have people celebrating with us and helping us prepare for our baby!!