I love peanut butter and chocolate together. It’s kind of a crowd pleaser. My community group got DOWN with these puppies.
These bars are a more casual less intense version of some peanut butter blondies. They don’t have a ton of peanut butter so they’re less rich and less in need of a giant glass of milk… There’s a time and a place for both kinds and it’s good to have two recipes in your pocket:)
Make yours today!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 c. light brown sugar
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3/4 c. chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease or spray Pam or olive oil in a 9×13 inch pan.
2. Melt butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until combined. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, whisk or sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, to the peanut butter mixture, whisking well after each addition. Pour the mixture into the prepared dry ingredients, and stir with wooden spoon until batter is smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips, reserving the rest for sprinkling on top.
5. Pour the batter into the pan. You might need to spread out with your fingers or the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 c. chocolate chips and lightly press in.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden and the edges are slightly browned. Remove from oven and set on wire rack to cool. Cut into squares and serve.