It’s still not too late to bake some delicious goodies! I actually made these last year for the first time as really liked them! They are so adorable and have a sugar cookie base without taking forever to roll out and decorate.
This is quite a small batch – I probably got 28-30 cookies. Feel free to double it if you are taking to a party or want to put in treat bags!
Yields 28-30 cookies
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 25 minutes (plus cooling)
- 1 bag Hershey’s Kisses brand Candy Cane Kisses
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Red and Green colored sugar; nonpareils or any other sprinkles you desire!
- Remove wrappers from candies. Place on plate and put in the freezer while preparing dough. Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until combined. Add in vanilla and egg and beat until fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add half of flour mixture to butter mixture. Add milk. Finish with the rest of the flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Using small bowls, pour some of each color/ type of sprinkle in. Using a cookie scooper or your hands, shape dough into small uniform balls (about 1 inch.) Roll dough ball in the sugar/ sprinkles. Place on ungreased (or parchment paper) cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 – 1o minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes on rack. Press candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.