We all know that peanut butter and chocolate is one of the most delicious combinations known to man. Unless you have a peanut allergy of course. Then… my bad. Let’s pretend it’s not tasty so your throat doesn’t close up faster than when my husband asks me to check my ridiculous exaggerated facts.
Anyways…. this is one of my FAVORITE Christmas cookies ever!!! Ever, ever, EVER!!!!
Sorry, I got a little too excited. Shocker, right?!? I’m just going to go ahead and say you should double this recipe. (And you might also want to buy an extra bag of mini Reese’s because your husband will get a little sad if he can’t eat any. It is Christmas after all.)
The original recipe has these baked in a mini muffin tin. To be honest, I had some difficulty trying to get the cookies out of the mini muffin tin and ended up using a regular muffin tin. Use whatever you’d like! Good luck!
from All Recipes.com
- 1 3/4 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 C. (one stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 C. white sugar
- 1/2 C. peanut butter
- 1/2 C. packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 2 T. milk
- 40 miniature Reese’s – chocolate covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grab a mini muffin or muffin tin – – whichever one you prefer.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- Beat the butter well. Add in the sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar. Beat until well mixed and fluffy.
- Add in egg and mix well. Pour in vanilla and milk. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add in flour mixture and mix until just combined. It will be pretty sticky.
- Shape into 40 balls and place each into an ungreased muffin pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini Reese’s into each ball. Cool and carefully remove from pan.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.