So I found a silly website that has national food holidays. Are they real? Probably not. But are they a fun thing to blog about on that day? Is that really a question?!?
SO – Happy Hot Fudge Sundae Day!
Goodness on the stove top
Mocha Hot Fudge
from joy the baker
- 1/4 c. unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/3 c. brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup
- 2/3 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 t. salt
- 6 ounces good bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), finely chopped
- 2 T. unsalted butter, cup into 1/2 Tablespoons
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. instant espresso or coffee powder
- 1 1/2 t. hot water
- In a heavy bottomed 2 quart saucepan, put in cocoa powder, brown sugar, corn syrup, cream, salt and half of the chopped chocolate. Stir over medium heat until chocolate is melted.
- Cook mixture to a low boil and stir regularly for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine espresso or coffee powder and hot water. Stir until dissolved.
- Remove the saucepan from heat. Add in remaining chocolate, butter, espresso/water mixture and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve over ice cream… or brownies… or chocolate chip cookies… or angel food cake… or
cardboardanything you can desire:)
- Once sauce is cooled and thickens slightly, it can be stored in the refrigerator for about a week. Reheat over low heat, stirring until smooth.